MusicMusic List for January 2019 here.
St Mary's Choir - interested in joining?.
Details of our forthcoming concerts and performances may be found in the Events section of this site.
St Mary's has a strong choral tradition. We currently have approximately 15 full-time members in our 4-part choir who sing services every Sunday except in school holidays.
Terms are as follows (approximately):
- September to Christmas Day
- Mid-January to Easter Day
- Mid-April to St Mary Magdalene's Day (July 22nd)
Weekly practice nights are held in Church on Fridays, 7.00 - 8.00 pm, with breaks during the state school holidays.The pattern for a Sunday is:
- Practice 10.15 am with a brief break before robing
- Service 11.00 am (finishing at approx 12.00 noon)
- Evening (usually 2nd and 4th Sunday):
- Practice 5.15 pm with a brief break before robing
- Service 6.00 pm (finishing at approx 7.00 pm)
New members are always welcome and if you are interested in joining the choir, do come along on a Sunday or to choir practice (Fridays, 7.00pm in church). We look most of all for keenness, commitment and enthusiasm.
Taizé Service: There is an evening service on the first Sunday in the style of Taizé and orchestral instrumentalists are encouraged to contribute to this as and how they are able. Rehearsal for this takes place in church immediately prior to the service.
The Organist and Master of the Choir is Christopher Brook who has served at St Mary Magdalene's since 1992.